Monday, June 14, 2010

FOR BETTER

B-tech is finally over and I missed the class photograph (actually bunked it on purpose with friends.. don't ask me why). Now I am at home. I am trying to feel good about being at home and I am trying to feel bad about college being over and I am failing at both. Not even the good food at home is making me feel better, which is very strange. But the stranger part is that I am not feeling bad either.Its as if I am indifferent to whatever is happening right now. Yes, of course the 'future' is a relief and I am so looking forward to it. 'College being over' is so overrated!
Last few days were spent at hostel, reconciling with everybody and writing good things in everybody's diaries, so that they may remember the good in us. We even tried staying together, chatting, eating together, living life with friends the way we always wanted to. We also spent lots of time reminding one another of funny incidents from all the 4 years spent almost together, staying up late and teasing one another and telling each other we would miss them.
Things don't always happen the way we want them to. The day before returning home I witnessed a heart rending fight between two of my friends. Of course two months hence nobody would remember nobody, but this fight would certainly be hard to forget for some time to come.
Sure made things a bit ugly!!
When two of your friends fight, you are in the most uncomfortable position. You have to decide which side to take specially when you are not aware of the actual cause and also when you have been spending time, trying hard to reconcile with everyone..so staying indifferent doesn't help much either.
So, the four years ended with a melodrama. When one of my friends left Bareilly, I cried. Somebody reminded me that she and I belong to the same city and can meet any time we want. That wasn't very comforting. Soon others left too, but this time no tears came. They are all from Lucknow, my home town! We were all returning to the same place!
Mom, dad and sis arrived. We somehow stuffed my things into the car and made space for the four of us too and drove back home... away from 'my' room no. 31, away from my hostel, away from my college, away from Bareilly, away from those four years...... towards something better.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed