Tuesday, June 1, 2010

BEYOND B-TECH

Tomorrow is my last examination of B-tech - 'the four year journey comprising 39 end semester examinations and several unit tests and practicals'. I finally get to become an engineer.. 'Er. Shobhita Singh'.
The end of four years. This college was my first attempt at independence. Trying to live on my own, away from home. I had always wanted to live at a hostel. It wouldn't have been that bad had the food been good, which never was.

I'm not so concerned about tomorrow's examination as I am of what comes next.. beyond B-tech.
What will that life be like? So maybe B-Tech was never my first choice and I had always wanted to make a career elsewhere, but there is always a purpose behind everything that happens. The kind of job I will probably be getting into hasn't got much to do with my 4 year B-Tech and the kind of job I want to do won't either but surely God has some plans for me and much better than mine too. 

What I am looking forward to most is that feeling of being financially independent. I just want to be able to earn and make my parents feel proud of me for it. I want to be able to get for them all that they couldn't because of the expenses of my studies, though this will probably take some time.

I want to live a happy and very simple life. I want to relish every moment of my life and I don't want to regret anything later in my life. I want to wake up in the morning and  be glad about going to work. I want to cook for myself ( when I do learn to cook). I want to go shopping with money that I have earned. I am super excited about this 'about to happen' change in my life and can't wait to begin, as I am sure is quite evident from all that I have written above.

With God and my parents blessings, I know that I will do just fine.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed