Thursday, May 6, 2010

REGRETFULLY MINE

I keep telling myself that I should not regret my decisions. Unfortunately, the implementation part is a little harder. Not a day has gone by without me having regretted something or the other ever since I can remember. It’s better to make a list of decisions that were regretfully mine and read through it once a day than to actually remember them all.

The thing I regret most of all is having stranded my best friend. We had been together since nursery (inseparable) until I finally stopped talking to her in class V, too self absorbed and too proud to notice her sadness. Most terrible thing I ever did, a regret I plan to take down to coffin with me. Something I remind myself everyday, something I will never repeat. By the time I realized my mistake, she had realized I wasn’t actually a very dependable friend.

Another most regrettable thing ever is the time I wasted studying till high school. Just thinking of all those years when I could have been enjoying and having fun instead of mugging up books makes me sick. Can’t relate my current self to that person I once was.
I can’t believe it was me studying from noon till dawn!! Look at me now!
I am pretty sure I could have gotten the same marks even if I had studied a little less. Would have had such a better childhood to remember!!!!

And then of course my very unfortunate fall into that muddy pool as I tried to jump across to the other end, despite constant warning from my nana ji. The pathetic sight that I made after that, made my cousins go hysterical for days. I got the idea from my long legged cousins, who could easily cross it.

I can never forget the nightmare of having gone crazy about that guy from coaching in 11th. Actually this regret should have been placed earlier somewhere if I was ordering my regrets in decreasing degree. So far I have been following chronological order. Thankfully I had enough brains to overcome my heart. I wish I had not made the pathetic fool realize I actually liked him.

I also regret not having talked to my grandfather about so many things. Wish I could travel back in time to talk to him once more.

There is so much more that is regretfully mine, but the above are reasons enough for me to feel depressed, so I had better discontinue writing.
To end on a more positive note, my life is not all about regrets. I have had some wonderful moments too. Perhaps I’ll write about them too.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed