Friday, May 14, 2010

AVOID

Examz are round the corner..

I'm busy not preparing but trying to avoid the unavoidable.. miles away from college I am happily gourging and dozing. When somebody mentions books, which they do once in a while.. I turn to them lazily and look at them with such indifference they wonder why they even cared to mention. I avoid chatting with friends who sickeningly mention 'books' and 'exams' and 'studies' and talk gibberish like "how much have you studied" and "OMG how will we ever finish that subject" and "what book are you studying from" eeeeeehhhhh!!!!

But then yes, I went to buy myself a few pens for the D day! Love to buy stuff even if its pens for exams. Unfortunately the shopkeeper chose to give me an extensive and unending lecture on how one pen is better than the other and why I should purchase the expensive one for exams exclusively. I tried to explain that this was not my class 10 boards that I was purchasing pens for, however he chose not to understand.. until I couldn't take in any more and loudly proclaimed that I wasn't as little a girl as I may have appeared to him who would need such a lecture on "how to purchase the best pen for exams".
Then he understood and carefully changed the topic to "what is the latest and best pen available". huhh!
I rushed out of the shop.


So here I am, at home, eating, watching TV, chatting, strolling around, doing some tree watching, talking to my dog.. avoiding the unavoidable.

2 comments:

m.flowerr said...

So Good Luck with your exams!!Poor shop guy,he must have been offended:-)
Btw,a very good blog you have!

Shobhita said...

oh i need all the luck...xmz begin tomorrow !!
the shop guy wsnt offended, he carried on with his jargon despite my lack of interest, so i had no other option but to leave.

thnx for going thru my blog :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed