Thursday, August 15, 2013

Forever Young

Few days ago, I realized I wasn't too many years away from turning thirty. I have already spent almost one third of my life, maybe more. Suddenly, I felt very old. I couldn't help but think about my life and my decisions. My life didn't turn out as I had imagined it would. Yet, all is good.

There were times, that I believed, were the worst moments of my life. Wrong decisions that I regretted for too long. Nothing is as bad as it seems. Everything happens for a reason, for me, at least. Time does heal all wounds. And if you wait just long enough, you do find your soul mate. Nothing is impossible, as long as you believe. People change. God answers prayers. If you don't use your talents, they go away. It was a scary thought. So, I decided to keep on sketching. 

I think we should never forget that we are mortals. It keeps us on track. Not that I am afraid of dying, but dying without fulfilling the purpose of my life or at least doing something worthwhile isn't very comforting, specially since I am still trying to figure it out. Sometimes, when I listen to a beautiful song or watch an awesome movie, I feel like I am seventeen again. There are so many things I want to do, so many places I want to go to, so many books to read and people to meet. With so much to do, time does seem quite precious.

The last three months of my life were very dark. At one point of time, I felt like I was losing my mind. Who would want to be bedridden for three months? I avoided friends and relatives, to avoid being asked about my leg injury. I didn't feel like working any more. I began to believe that I would never be able to walk again. I was angry. I cried as I watched other people walk, while I barely managed to limp my way to the washroom. Soon, I realized that no amount of crying and sulking would make my leg any better and I wondered how people with worse injuries managed? What would I do if I couldn't walk again? I would have to manage somehow. Luckily, my leg is much better now, although full recovery is still weeks away. I think the last three months have made me a stronger person in many ways. 

What we don't realize is how little time we have to be happy and to enjoy our blessings. Feel blessed to be alive, spread happiness and make the most of what you have. There is no time like the present. You are only as old as you feel. 

Cheers!

3 comments:

Pushpendra said...

wow, some writer you are!

Shobhita said...

Thanks!
I try :P

Anonymous said...

wonderfully written!!

Ms. Writter

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed